There is this Toni Braxton song called ‘Little things’. Don’t ask me what I think of the music, but the lyrics inspired me to write this blogpost. This is the song I’m talking about.
Why do little things matter?
Because they can make a huge difference.
What kind of small things am I talking about?
This is a list of small things that can make a big difference:
- How do you leave your desk when you are finished working? How does that help you when you want to start again?
- How do you start your day? Does that help you to have a good day? (read for instance the blog of Eva Lantsoght on ‘morning routines)
- How do you end a conversation?
- How do you talk to yourself when things go well?
- How do you talk to yourself when things are not going so well?
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Do you eat well?
- How much relaxation time do you have?
- How do you start a conversation?
- How do you prepare yourself for a task?
- Do you ever reward yourself?
- How kind are you towards yourself?
- And towards others?
- Do you get enough exercise?
- Do you rest enough?
- Do you make your work as easy as possible for yourself?
- Do you plan well?
- Is there enough time for fun?
- Do you give compliments?
- How do you finish what you are doing? Does it help to continue?